Opposition to the ‘Agnipath’ scheme in India is becoming more violent

Kathmandu, June 18

India’s opposition to a new army recruiting strategy has degenerated into violence. Youths have also held demonstrations in other states on Saturday, the fourth day of the campaign.
On Friday, nine trains in Bihar caught fire, killing one passenger in Lakhisarai. In Uttar Pradesh, there have also been violent protests. Police and protesters have fought in Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, and other states.

After the Narendra Modi-led government launched a scheme called Agnipath for recruitment in the Indian Army last Tuesday, the youths began protesting. The Government of India will now open recruitment for all three of its military, ground, and air force officers for a term of only four years under the Agnipath plan.

At the age of 21, they will be admitted, and at the age of 25, they will retire. In the fourth year, 25% of the recruits will have the option to earn permanent employment in the army. The remaining 75% of the army will be dismissed. They will not be paid a pension when they retire.


About Danfe TV

Check Also

Droupadi Murmu becomes the 15th President of India

Desk By Karuna Smt. Droupadi Murmu becomes the first tribal woman president of India. She …

Leave a Reply